Tuesday, March 3, 2009

All In Good Time



Today was really good. Started out boring... like another mundane Monday, but I was glad for a friend's company. Yaye... 

I haven't met up with her for so long it was really nice to catch up over Banana Mango Crumble and Key Lime Pie at Project Shop Cafe. Yums! Complete with Fresh Brew and Cappuccino. Yes... be envious. It's ok. :) But that's not the main event. 

We got to talking and somehow, in the midst of us talking, I realised that I missed having conversations like these with my friends... I missed sharing my heart, my thoughts and my opinions, my struggles and my joy. It's so great to have friends who've come a long, long way with you. You can pick up conversations from anywhere in time. 

We were talking about teaching, promotions, a frivolous, worldly life of buying stuff - shoes, bags, clothes - and me lamenting about how all that seems a distant reach for me. Ha. But, oddly enough, although the pain of not being able to do anything much (except contemplate if the next cup of Starbucks is gonna cost me lunch for the next two days), I felt a strange affirmation from God that ALL IS WELL.  

"But it's not all well, God. Where's all the stuff that I want (and can actually afford)?!?"

But it is. It's all well because it's all in His good time. I think back about how I got to be where I am now and... (i know it'll sound cheesy, but it's true) I thank God. I'm not begging by the streets, I'm fully clothed (thank God!), I can still have coffee and pie with my friends, I can buy the odd new blouse here and there, I am a happier person, I'm right where He wants me to be! And this makes me happy. :) I'm doing what He wants me to do. 

He didn't say the process will be great, but He did promise a blast of a finish... so, I look forward to that. Yes, it's true I still miss my Shangri-La high tea at the Rose Verandah (you NEED to go there some day), I miss my "I'll-buy-it-cos-it's-so-nice-and-i-can-afford-it" shopping sprees, I miss lunches at Crystal Jade as and when I want, I miss flagging down the cab whenever. 

But I think I'll miss God more.

So, here's cheers to the last-minute wonderful Monday I had, cheers to how everything in my life is a result (one way or another) of His good timing (albeit sometimes a little 59th-second) and cheers to many more great times with God.

For everything Lord, help me to always look into Your face and be thankful that it's You I see holding me. I'll learn to take the road less travelled and learn to smell the roses that I'll find along the way.


2 comments:

Charissa said...

=) I'm glad you are where you are too!!! But you know, some day we should go to tea at the shangri-la....it's too good to pass up all the time...we'll make it a special occasion!!! =)

Pamela said...

haha... yesss.... I woud LURRRVVVEEEE to have tea there sometime!!! I miss it VERY BADLY!