Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time for Tea



I had a great time Good Friday - hanging out with close friends and the Good News Singapore service was AWESOME.

One of my friends raised a concern when I was talking about my working in church. She's worried that I'm slowly losing my wit and she's afraid I'm not going to be funny anymore. (cos she read my blog *pat on the shoulder* and thinks I'm turning into a saint. Why she would think that bewilders me. I'm far from one.) What a silly notion! (shout out to YOU, my friend!)

I'm still the same person lah... I just reflect more on the things that God's been showing me about my own life and working in church doesn't make me less relevant to you guys, ok? And YES, I ADMIT. I don't laugh as hard anywhere else other than being with you guys. What will I do without you people, huh? huh? huh? Who will I poke? Who will take my nonsense? Who will UNDERSTAND my jokes?!? Who will offer to give me watches they buy for their wife? Who will I tease?Who will I go to if I wanna be totally random?!?

I love tea-time with you guys. I really do. It makes me real. Honestly. I feel at ease, I can be myself, and I can say anything I want, tell you how I feel and know that at the end of the day, it doesn't change what you guys feel about me. THAT, is a gift that I treasure.

I love our rose therapy... I miss it badly. But, it doesn't matter that dumb Shangri-La decides to be a punk and only let us sit for 2 hours at one go (They're losing loyal customers), because even if it was at a coffee shop (that sells vegetarian food), or a cafe where snails are offered to a vegetarian, or in a pantry, I know I'll always have fun, and I'll always be in the company of people I can trust, and people I love.

I love you guys... truly.

And I cannot wait for the next time we meet up. Watch out... Haha...


No comments: