Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday



Happy Birthday to me. :) 21st April marks the beginning of a new phase in my life. I'm looking forward to see what lies in store for me. Obviously it's not all gonna be a bed of roses, and obviously it might get worse than the previous decade (OMG, I can now actually use the word 'decade' to describe the phases of my life. SAVE ME, SOMEBODY!). But I'm looking forward.

I was compelled to think about what I've done with my life thus far.. and honestly, I can tell you - nothing much. But I'm not depressed about it. Because I know that in the insignificance of my life, I have grown in significant ways.

I think I've come a long long way from several years back. I've learnt to stand on my own two feet. I've learnt to let go of things and embrace others. But more importantly, I'm glad I can laugh at myself. I've loved every single experience that life has thrown at me because it has made me who I am today. I'm not perfect (Oh, God, NO!) but I've enjoyed this process... I don't think I'll trade my life for anyone else's. I love these quotes:

"Someday, I want every single line on my face to speak to an incredibly rich life."

"Years are just something from a calendar, and I love that the numbers get bigger but I don't feel that much difference."

Ha... how true... What's more important now for me is not what has happened to my life thus far... but what will happen to my life in time to come. It will be exciting. It will be rich in fun and seriousness, laughter and tears, joy and sorrow, strengths and weaknesses... but it will be rich with Life HIMself.

That's what I want it to be. 

Happy Birthday, Me. Have a great life!



No comments: