Monday, February 16, 2009

Missing You...



Love and Friendship

Love is like the wild rose-briar,
Friendship like the holly-tree—
The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms
But which will bloom most constantly?

The wild-rose briar is sweet in the spring,
Its summer blossoms scent the air;
Yet wait till winter comes again
And who will call the wild-briar fair?

Then scorn the silly rose-wreath now
And deck thee with the holly's sheen,
That, when December blights thy brow,
He may still leave thy garland green.
                                                                        
Emily Bronte -

Ok... I'll admit. Yes, I'm missing Esther. ha. Just because I didn't bawl at the airport when she left doesn't mean she's not important to me, or that I'm not gonna miss her. Last night I had dinner with the gang at Simpang... and her absence was sorely felt, especially on the way from food to mrt. And today, when it's MONDAY.... it's worse. Ha... Allow me to explain...

I work at the church office. Off-days are monday (but NO ONE ELSE'S OFF-DAYs are Mondays) so Esther was kinda always there and available for me to ask out for a movie, to chill, coffee, whatever...

So, now that you're far away in Aussie-land (*super jealous*), I'm left to fend for myself on Mondays.

I can't wait for two things: your return, and our journey back to Melbourne in 2010 (fingers-crossed). Hope you're doing well, my friend. 

Cheers, and a toast to friendships! :)


2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yo! Vondotcom blog is back on track! visit when u are free and tag along with a tag!! :)

estherc said...

I've got mondays off too you know...