Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An Observation


I was thinking on how so often, we try to be better people for ourselves. And on occasion, we use a more noble reason: It's for other people around me.

If I'm not well, how can I be good to other people? If I'm not taking care of myself, how can I learn to take care of other people?

All good and true, except we got so busy trying to protect our bubble that we don't let anyone in. And while we try to 'take care of ourselves', when the day finally arrives that we are so in optimal shape that there is no one there but ourselves. Everyone had been shelved under the talk of: "Oh, but you have to understand I need to take care of myself. When I get better, we can pick it up again." When we do get better, there is no one to share the pleasure of being better with. We've shoved them all aside. They've all moved on while we stood still in time and space trying to construct our optimal self.

Help me not to be like that... oh please... not like that.

1 comment:

Sam, said...

PAM, you should blog more often now. Like me. I blog almost everyday. HAHAHAHA.